I love baking for my loved ones and my furry baby is no exception. These oatmeal, banana and peanut butter treats were a big hit with our border Terrier mix.
We Adopted Dexter into our family 4 years ago and it was the BEST decision, right after giving my husband the privilege of marrying me 🤭 and becoming a mother.
Before we we’re lucky enough to find him, He had been transferred to two different shelters in a span of 3 months.
His undeniable loyalty and love for our family is a testament to his appreciation of the constant love he receives. He is a sidekick to my 9 year old daughter, my bestfriend and a constant joy to our family.
Dexter’s doggy treats
** These treats were approved by OUR Veterinarian’s office but each pet’s needs are different. I just what to make sure, care is taken when baking for your Furry Babies. **
*1 1/2 C Oatmeal ground
*1/2 C Peanut butter
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3) With a food processor or blender, grind your oats, until oats look like powder.
** Reserve about a tablespoon or two of the oat meal powder**
4) In a bowl, add *oat powder, *banana and *peanut butter mix until smooth. The best tool for this job are your clean hands. It’s going to get messy but it’s also the best way to pour lots of love into your treats.
The dough should stick together, but shouldn’t be too sticky. Mix until combined it should resemble slightly sticky Play-Doh. Dust your surface with the reserved ground oatmeal and press your dough out to about a 1/4 inch thickness.
Cut into desired shapes and place on a prepared lined baking sheet.
** Add more peanut butter if the dough is too dry or additional oats if too sticky.**
5) Bake treats at 350° for approximately 13-15 minutes, or until the edges start to brown. I keep mine in a airtight container in refrigerator for a nice cool summer treat. *Shelf life about a week.*