Dopamine– The Reward Chemical
- Listening to music
- Self- care activities
- Getting a good nights rest
- Foods to eat; drak chocolate, cheese, unprocessed meats, fish, dairy, almonds, walnuts, fruits and vegetables.
Oxytocin- The Love Hormone
- Cuddle up; with your pets or loved ones
- Try out yoga
- Letting someone know how much you appreciate them- By doing so, it can increase prosocial feelings on both sides.
- Listening to music- Not only does it improve your mood, focus, and motivation. It also seems to help improve the ability to create social bonds.
Serotonin–The Mood Stabalizer
- Walk in Nature
- Sun exposure or light therapy
- Meditation: Meditating can help relive stress and help promote a positive outlook.
- Foods that can increase serotonin levels include eggs, cheese, turkey, nuts, salmon, tofu, and pineapple.
Endorphin- The painkiller
- Essential oils
- Golf (walk instead of using cart)
- Watching a comedy
- Exercising- low impact aerobics
- Foods to eat; Chocolate, Strawberries, Animal protein, Oranges, Spicy foods, Grapes, Nuts and seeds, Ginseng.
“All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles have strengthened me.”Walt Disney