The best and worst thing about living in Florida is that it’s summer nearly ALL year round.
I’m a glass half full kinda of gal. So when life gives you homemade chocolate chip cookies and store bought ice cream…what can I say, other than ice cream sandwiches makes everything BETTER!!
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 C. packed light brown sugar
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 (or so) C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer beat together; butter, and sugars until smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- On low speed add the egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix in until just incorporated. (**don’t overmix.)
- Add chocolate chips and fold in with silicone spatula.
Chill dough for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
(sad but true! Your cookies will thank you afterwards.)
- Using a small scooper (about a tablespoon) drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned.
Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy!!😊
Set out your desired ice cream flavor to soften about 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile tear out a few sheets of plastic wrap (good luck with this step! Plastic wrap and I are true enemies.)
Take a cooled cookie and top it with about 1/2 cup of ice cream, then your cookie layer, wrap and freeze for about 30 minutes before enjoying. 😊